If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (513) 932-3649

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Space heaters

10/4/2021 (Permalink)

With the weather getting colder, more people will be reaching for their space heaters. When using these types of heaters, please remember to never plug them into a power strip. Power strips cannot handle the high current flow needed for a space heater and can overheat and catch fire due to the added energy. It is always best for you to plug space heater directly into wall outlets. Follow these safety tips below to see how you can prevent a fire from starting in your home. 

  • Regularly check the cord of your heater. If it is damaged, frayed, or worn out stop using the heater. 
  • Keep the cord away from heat. 
  • Leave enough space the heater to allow for heat dissipation. Also, keep flammable materials away from heat. 
  • Always unplug unused appliances. 

If you experience fire damage in your home please contact SERVPRO of Warren County! 

Other News

View Recent Posts